Had intercourse after period got over. Feels tired, cramps like periods and frequent urination. Pregnant?

Question
i,I had intercourse with my fiance one day after my periods ended.Today is tenth day after it,and i am fearing that i might be pregnant.I feel tired mostly,my back is aching,also i am feeling light cramps like i used to feel before my periods start.Also, i am urinating alot.I want to be sure if i am pregnant or not.Is there any sure way of knowing it and also if i am then what is the fastest way of getting rid of the pregnancy.Thanks
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 38 minutes later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

Its uncommon to get pregnant after having intercourse one day post menstruation. Though its possible as sperm can survive for 3-5 days. Urine pregnancy tests are positive only after 5 -7 days of missing periods. Urine pregnancy test kits are available over-the-counter at most pharmacies.

Sure way to confirm if you are pregnant or not is by checking serum(blood) HCG levels.

And the fastest way to terminate before your menstrual date is by MENSTRUAL REGULATION, but there will be chances of ectopic pregnancy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had intercourse after period got over. Feels tired, cramps like periods and frequent urination. Pregnant? 20 hours later
Thanks for the reply..,i wanted to know that what type of blood test do i need to take and is it necessary to have a prescription before taking this blood test?Also is this bood test done in all labs ?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 37 minutes later
Thank you for asking follow-up question. You can get SERUM-BETA HCG levels, and check if it in non-pregnant/pregnant level. You can get it done in any of the labs, you don't need any prescription, but you need a investigation slip from any clinic. Yes its done in many labs. Mind you, this test wont help out to differentiate if the pregnancy is intrauterine or extra uterine(ectopic).
Second option will be wait for your periods, if you miss then you can get a scan done.
If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had intercourse after period got over. Feels tired, cramps like periods and frequent urination. Pregnant? 32 minutes later
hi..incase i do not go for the blood test and wait till my periods are missed,then what are the ways to end the pregnancy after a month and what are the complications involved?Is there any pill available that can work now or after a month?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 2 hours later
In that case you can go for medical termination of pregnancy, it highly successful if done before 7 weeks. Complications involved are, there can be heavy bleeding/ retention of products of conception where you might need surgical evacuation/ infection. Termination pills are to be taken only after confirming the LOCATION OF PREGNANCY, most importantly to exclude ectopic pregnancy before taking these medication. These medications should always be taken under medical guidance. Success rate if taken before 7 weeks is 95-98%.
Hope you have cleared your doubts.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW