Had intercourse. Took ellaone pill. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. Am I pregnant?

I had sex 10 days ago. My period is due in 1 day. I have already taken pregnancy tests and both have been negative. I also took the ellaone pill 6 days after sex (4 days ago). When should I take the next test to get an accurate result. I really don't want to be pregnant

Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Most of the pregnancy test kits become positive within 7 to 10 days of missing your period. If your period is due in 1 day, the test needs to be done only if you miss your next period. This test needs to be done 1 week after you miss your period. Please use an early morning sample for the same. also, follow the instructions on the kit carefully. However, if you want the test done right now, you will need a serum beta hCG which if elevated is suggestive of pregnancy. Its better if you wait another week as of now.

Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran