Had intercourse. Started feeling numbness, sore penis and tiredness. What's wrong?

Question
Hi,,this is something I have never done on line,but here goes,I have slept with another women bout XXXXXXX this year time,whilst in a relation ship,now since then I have had this numbness ,pins and needles ,hands and feet,also head aches ,don't feel with it if u know what I mean,aches around the body,I also had a sore penis for a while arfter woods that keeps going and coming ..I have slept with my partner since loads of times,,she seems to be complaining about head aches and tired XXXXXXX am I getting really paranoid or do you think I could have some horrible sexual disease,,along with my partner who wouldn't have a clue?please help,,
Posted Mon, 10 Dec 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
The symptoms you have described are not likely to be related to a sexually transmitted infection. It is more likely to be due to a vitamin B complex deficiency or an electrolyte imbalance.
You can start taking vitamin B complex and methylcobalamin supplements with fresh fruit juices and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids for a few days and see if this helps.
A detailed examination by your physician is warranted to rule out any STD in case the symptoms are persistent.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had intercourse. Started feeling numbness, sore penis and tiredness. What's wrong? 8 hours later
Thanx for your answer,I have been getting anxious a lot as well thinking about it ,will I get these supplements from boots chemist?also are you sure my symptoms are not sexual disease?the doctor I went to c about this a couple months ago gave me vitAmin tablets and said it was paralsis,what ever that is,?trouble is every time I c different docs and they all say different,I'm just worried in case this is going to mess my body up,I woke this morning just feel achy and slight pins and needles,can't put my legs up on table 4to long without them feeling dead"again slightly dizzy,does herpes or syphlis give these symptoms? Any help would be graitfull,again thanx.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Your symptoms are not likely to be due to herpes or syphilis. It is likely to be due to paresthesias. You can get methylcobalamin supplements 1500mcg from your chemist. You will have to take these supplements for at least two weeks to see an effect.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.