Had hysterectomy done. Getting mucus from nose, vaginal bleeding and discharge. Infection?

I had a hysterectomy almost 4 weeks ago. Still having significant discharge (no longer bleeding), and started with navel pain two days ago. Now, blowing BRIGHT yellow mucus from my nose. Could I have an infection?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Normally after a hysterectomy you will experience some vaginal bleeding and discharge. This will be less discharge than during a period but it may last up to six weeks.

I do not see any reason for worry at this time.

Mucus from nose may be a sign of viral infection. It has nothing to do with surgery.

Please seek medical attention if you have:

>Increasing pain in abdomen
>change in discharge pattern, flow and characteristic
>discharge continues beyond 6 weeks.

I hope this helps.

Wishing you speedy recovery and good health.