Had hit on head. Having worst headache. Hot shower eased it. Should I be concerned?

I was having sex with my husband last night, I had a big on the left side if my brain just above my temple
then the worst headache iv ever had, a hot shower eased it. please tell my me what your opinion of this my have been? I have had both sides of my face irreated and many treatments for the past 15 years.
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 19 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

If I just look at the symptoms, you have three significant symptoms: Hit (assumption) on the left side of head, worst headache ever and the area of pain point to a condition called as subarachnoid bleed.

The history of irradiation may have resulted in vascilitis that may cause headache due to many causes like constriction of blood vessels to the brain, bleed, or even temporal arteritis. Irradiation may also cause swelling of the brain that may result in headache.

Since the onset was sudden, brain metastasis should also be considered. Mind you that all the above are just assumptions based on the symptoms described.

My suggestion is that you need to consult your doctor and get a referral to Oncologist at the earliest.

Let me know if I can assist you further

Dr Vaishalee