Had hit on head. Feeling dizzy, pain in neck and dent appeared. CT scan normal. How to get relief?

Question
Hello. I was bending down to pick up my daughter's shoes from the floor, and on the way to standing back up i hit my head hard on the corner of a cabinet. There's now a dent in my head behind the crown- like if you were asked to touch the top of your head that would be where you'd touch. I didn't pass out, was only a little dizzy for a few minutes, no vomiting, didn't see stars, no loss of cognition, and the dent is smaller than the pad of my index finger. No bleeding, but did have stabbing pain down the sides of my neck which has now subsided somewhat. The top of my head hurts and a little pain down my neck, but isn't that to be expected after whanging one's head on a corner? I hit my forehead on a corner a few months ago and got a dent near my hairline. Went to the ER since I'd never experienced anything like that before. They did a CT scan which came back normal and it was really a waste of my $175 co-pay to be honest. Can I give this a night and go to my regular doc's office tomorrow where they have an xray machine (and the co-pay is just $20)? Thank you so much for your assistance.
I am nauseated, but not vomiting, and did eat too much McDonald's a couple of hours ago :) Also if I move quickly or turn my head fast I get somewhat dizzy.
Posted Thu, 30 Aug 2012 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
I have read your history of  injury and symptoms and I agree with you that slight nausea,headache and pain neck is expected out of such types of injuries.
There is definitely no reason to be alarmed at the moment.
The problem arises if a person gets severe headache,bleeding from nose or ears,confusion,double vision etc and then a visit to ER becomes necessary.
Take rest,do local icing and take some pain relievers like ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day for couple of days.
Do write to me if there is any other query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Had hit on head. Feeling dizzy, pain in neck and dent appeared. CT scan normal. How to get relief? 1 hour later
Thank you so much for your fast response time and advice, and for helping me feel more relaxed. I am a worrier. If it's ok with you may I leave this question open for a couple of days in case my symptoms change?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 21 minutes later
Hello
You can definitely leave this question open for couple of days and can discuss with me if any need arises.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Had hit on head. Feeling dizzy, pain in neck and dent appeared. CT scan normal. How to get relief? 19 minutes later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello
You are most welcome.
Thanks