Had hip replacement, having frequent urination, have slight large prostate. Suggest?

My husband had hip replacement he is 68. He came home yesterday and goes to bath room every hour to urinate it does not hurt and he does have a slightly in large prostrate but this is a worry
Posted Sat, 21 Sep 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking.

Increased urinary frequency to the tune of every hour can be because of urinary tract infection,A person is more prone after the surgeries because of catheterisation.

Enlarged prostate can make the things worse, I will advise you to go for the urine checking , he may need antibiotics to improve.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Follow-up: Had hip replacement, having frequent urination, have slight large prostate. Suggest? 1 hour later
He was discharged from hospital just yesterday could infection already be there
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 40 minutes later
Very hard to delineate the exact time of the infection, as some times symptoms appear a lot later after the infection.