Had hepatitis A. Now having fever, headache and burning sensation during urination. Any thoughts?

I have been running a high temperature since yesterday monring. When I urinate, it burns, and the amount of urine is negligible as compared to before. Also, the urine color is dark yellow. Also, I have severe headache. I haven't felt this tired since I last had hepatitis A in the month of October 2012. Please advise

Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Dinesh Kumar Singal 12 hours later

Thanks for contacting Healthcare Magic.

Fever and burning while urinating means UTI). Decrease in urine quantity and dark yellow color also supports this. Headache can also be a symptom of UTI.

You will need a urine examination, urine culture and an ultrasound examination of the urinary tract for this. Also you need to see a physician urgently so that he can start you on an antibiotic.

Hope you recover soon.

Best wishes,

Dr Dinesh Singal