Had heart attack and stent was put in. Experiencing pain and tingling in left hand. What to do?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX XXXXXXX I had an heart attack in 2000 and had a stent put in. I am experiencing pain and tingling in my left hand. What should I do? My email address is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anjana Rao Kavoor 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please consult cardiologist immediately

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

Since you have had a stent for 13 years without any significant problems, I am sure you are regularly following up with your cardiologist. You must be regularly taking medications for prevention of another heart attack and to lower cholesterol levels too.

If you are experiencing pain and tingling in your left hand, you might need to immediately rush to ER and get an ECG and echocardiography done. There is also a need for getting basic cardiac enzymes done to rule out any heart related problems.

If you are given a clear XXXXXXX for any heart ailments, you need to be assessed for spine related problems and/ or GERD.

Hope this helps,
Write back in case of any doubts,
Dr A Rao