Had heart attack and stent put in. How long after surgery can I fly?

I have just had a heat attack 3 days ago and a stent put in.. how long before i can fly in a plane ???
Posted Wed, 7 Nov 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later
Thanks for posting query here.
I wish you a speedy recovery, as already treated appropriately.
Air travel after a heart attack depends on condition of patient and the importance of travel.
We advice persons post angioplasty with stent placement not to take any travel stress for 4 weeks.
You may be receiving injections of Low molecular weight heparin (LMWH).
If it is absolutely necessary to travel and there are no complications post angioplasty one can travel as early as one day after the procedure.