Had flu, done blood test, told to re-test for WBC count as it was on low end of normal. Should I be worried?

Infertility Specialist
Hello, I went to the doctor for my annual exam a month or so ago and was told I have to re-test for white blood cell count as it was on the low end of normal (4.3 and normal ranged from 4-11 or so based on lab used). I had a cold/flu virus at the time my blood work was done and wonder if that can impact cbc. Anyway, should I be worried and do I have to do a re-test? No symtoms of illness and cold/flu has passed. Thanks!
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I see thee is no need to worry. 4.3 is still the normal range for the WBC count. It is not on lower side. If all other reports of your blood test are normal, I see no reason for you to worry.

Let me reassure you that your WBC count are in normal range hence absolutely no reaon to worry.

I hope I answered your query. I will available for any more concerns if you have. If no more queries, please accept my answer and close this discussion.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol