Had flu. No having bad cough. Done with x-ray, EKG, urine test. What should I do?

Infertility Specialist
I had a bad flu/cold about a week and a half ago. I had a fever of 99 to 100, a lot of congestion and one day of throwing up. (I think that was from something I ate.) I went back to work then had a bad cough and stayed home a day and a half. I slept a lot on Wednesday, and this Thursday when I went to work I had a lot of pain on left side under rib cage. I put heat on and it had a little impact and it is more localized pain. On Friday I became concerned, and called advise nurse, who sent me to ER due to pain being near chest. I had an x-ray, EKG, and urine sample, and everything was o.k. I continue to heat the pain, and maybe it was a little better during day yesterday, but I still feel pain under rib. Is this still from muscle soreness from coughing, and lying down, etc. (No fever for five days.) Is heat or cold better to relieve it? If it is not better within a few days, should I go to the doctor?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 46 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) The pain associated with cough could be due to chest infection whose pain radiates down below rib.2) Since it is not coming down, it appears to be prescribe antibiotics which will take care of the cpugh and also associated pain . I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Had flu. No having bad cough. Done with x-ray, EKG, urine test. What should I do? 17 minutes later
Could I still have a respiratory tract infection, even though I have no fever, and cough has subsided a great dealt. Is it o.k. to wait until Monday, tomorrow, to see doctor?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 hours later
Hi, thanks for additional information. Generally these infections subside. So your infection seems to be subsiding. No need to see doctor immediately. You can wait for 3 days by which your condition might improve. All the best. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol