Had fissure and it healed. Diagnosed with Lyme disease. On Doxycycline Hyclate. Have bleeding during BM. Infection?

Hi. I had a fissure for 6 months and it finally healed. I was diagnosed last month with Lyme disease after 3 years of having health issues. I am on my second series of Doxycycline Hyclate. My main concern now is when I have bowel movements (usually loose) I bleed a lot. My bottom is so raw. Is is possible I have a fungus infection down there? There is also a constant throbbing.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Guru 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May not be fungal infection

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Your bleeding during bowel movements may not be due to fungal infection but may be due to causes like hemorrhoids (as you are saying bleeding a lot) or it may be due to the preexisting fissure itself or it may also be due to some other causes like infectious diarrhea, diverticulosis, angiodysplasia, polyps in colon etc.

You need further evaluation by a general surgeon and may need investigations like colonoscopy after physical examination.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.