Had dizziness and felt head spinning. Suggest?

i have had a episode of dizziness that has left me a bit heady i had been up a few hours did no exercise and nothing out of the ordinary the room was spinning i managed to lay down and with in 5 mins it was gone but i just dont feel right and nor does my head
Posted Tue, 1 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
nothing to worry at this stage

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.

The function of maintaining balance is governed by brain and ear. Any problem these two can lead to dizziness. The period of transient giddiness can be due to many reasons commonest besting transient hypotension wIth failure of blood to reach the brain transiently.

Nothing to worry about this transient phenomenon. But if it recurs then you need to investigate properly.

At present if you want you can get a CBC done along withBP monitoring.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.