Had dengue fever. Having severe hair falls. What treatment should be done?

i am havng severe hair falls from 2 weeks .I had Dengue fever 1.5 months back. what could be the treat ment ?
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later

This kind of rapid onset, diffuse hair fall immediately after a period of illness is known as telogen effluvium.
Sometimes due to chronic illness (dengue, jaundice, typhoid etc), pregnancy, stress, nutritional deficiencies etc our hair goes from growing phase to resting phase and hence the shedding of hair.
Telogen effluvium as such is a reversible hair fall and hair regrows back in four to six months after the stress is over.

To aid hair growth, take good nutritious diet XXXXXXX in proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. You may also take hair supplement XXXXXXX in biotin, other vitamins, copper, selenium etc ( follihair, keraglow forte). Application of minoxidil solution2 percent over scalp would help too as it promotes hair by maintaining it in growing phase.

I would always encourage visiting a dermatologist nearby as above mentioned are prescription drugs and should always be taken under a doctor's follow up.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be further query, I would be happy to assist you.