Had delivery. Stopped breast feeding. Having irregular periods, pimple like lump in labia. Herpes?

May 2013
I delivered a baby girl 6 months ago. I exclusive breast fed her for 4 months then I stopped it. Got my first periods two months after the delivery and 2 Nd one 45 days after the first one and I got my 3 rd periods one month after my second periods. I have always had irregular periods but never taken any medicine. My first two times of periods were normal and they lasted for 5 days and my 3rd one was very scanty and it's been 10 days and I still have little bit of blood show. The blood is dark maroon at times and few times it's is fresh blood. Is that something that I need to be worried about. And also 2 days ago I noted that there is pimple like lump in centre of my rigth labia my right labia minor is double the size of left one. I know it is not a wart and when I palipitate it is painful otherwise it is normal. I have been with a single partner for last 3 years. Could that be herpes?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
During breast feeding the hormones which regulate the menstrual cycle will be in low levels due to the influence of prolactin.
After stopping the breast feeding the hormonal levels will undergo fluctuation.
That may be the reason for your prolonged scanty flow and also as you had irregular periods previously, the causative factor for that can be acting now also.
Dark maroon color indicates collected blood in the uterine cavity,no need to worry about the color.
The lesion you mentioned could be herpetic lesion or it could be inflamed opening of bartholin gland, which will open around the center of the labia minora.
So you once consult gynecologist get examined to find out the actual nature of the lesion and also go for one ultrasound to find out the possible cause for your prolonged spotting.
Depending on the findings you can go for treatment if needed.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Had delivery. Stopped breast feeding. Having irregular periods, pimple like lump in labia. Herpes? 3 minutes later
I m not a sexually active person. Is there possibilities of herepes in that case?What does skin to skin contact mean?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later
If you are not sexually active the possibility of herpes is less, but cannot be completely eliminated.
Skin to skin contact means when a person's skin or mucosal membrane comes in contact with infected skin the transmission of infective organism can occur.
Sometimes infection can spread by toilet seats etc. also.
Herpes is only a possibility, so don't worry. After examination only the exact nature of the lesion can be made out.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.