Had cut on hand. Had physical contact without kissing and penetration. Washed hands with sanitiser. Will it kills all the germs?

I have a physical contact with sex worker. We both had not removed our clothes. I just touched her body with my hands. No kissing and no penetration. Before this incident, there was a slight cut on my hand where I applied "medicated adhesive plaster" (bandage or washproof pvc). After done with sex, I applied antiseptic sanitiser on my hand. As the bandage was not fit completely, i had a a burning sensation on my cut as it looks like the sanitiser liquid went inside on my cut. The girl went to to the toilet just before our sex. My question is sanitiser kills the germs which got stuck on my hand during contact as the same sanitiser liquid which applied on my hand might hv gone on my cut. I am worried about HIV infection. Please reply
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
transmission or infection with HIV very unlikely

Detailed Answer:

Sorry about the late reply

If your girlfriend did not have any cuts or bruises and there was no penetration then it is unlikely that there would be any transfer of any infections.

Transmission of infection would require contact between two open surfaces or cuts.

In addition , sanitizers usually remove most viruses or bacteria, your santitzer should say what percent of viruses or bacteria are removed or destroyed.

You are unlikely to become infected as a result of this contact.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions
Follow-up: Had cut on hand. Had physical contact without kissing and penetration. Washed hands with sanitiser. Will it kills all the germs? 2 hours later
Thanks for the reply. She did not have any cuts or bruses but the girl used the toilet before our physical contact and not sure if she washed her hands after toilet. Though I have covered my cut with the bandage, after applying the sanitizer(after our physical contact) , the sanitizer liquid enter the cuts as i had a burning sensation. Can virus remain on her hands after the toilet and can sanitizer liquid can carry the HIV virus after applying on my palm.

The sanitizer liquid kills 99.99% germs as written on bottle. Please reply
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
HIV does not live on surfaces, urine or stool

Detailed Answer:

HIV does not survive well in the environment and cannot be passed on from surfaces. This means that she could not become infected as a result of contact with surface in the bathroom.

Since it would not be possible for her to become infected in this way , then she would not be able to transfer HIV to you.

HIV is also not spread through contact with urine (or stool), so it would not be on her hands after she used the bathroom for either of these reasons.

Hope this eases your fears