Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus?

Question
cut myself in the hand with a kitchen knife on thuesday. Woke up this morning with difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Do I have tetnaus or something else related to an infection from the cut? attempted the Spatula test and I don't clamp down. I am able to move my jaw with minimal pain.
Posted Sun, 15 Dec 2013 in Infections

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: No tetanus and not related to the cut! Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for posting on our forum. I am so sorry to hear about this cut and the symptoms you are experiencing. These symptoms have nothing to do with tetanus. These symptoms are just coincidental and do not represent manifestation of tetanus in any way. If you have not been vaccinated against tetanus, please consider getting vaccinated so as to be protected against potential exposures in future. I will suggest that you get examined and manged for the throat symptoms as such and not as part of any tetanus manifestation. I hope you find this helpful and it address your query fully. Thank you for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you well. Dr. ditah, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 48 hours later
diagnosed with strep on saturdsy. today I woke up with six neck and tingling in fave should I be concerned

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please, what do you mean by six neck? Detailed Answer: Please, could you reword this question for my better understanding? Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 9 minutes later
sorry stiff neck

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: These are signs and symptoms of sore throat. They are in no way related to tetanus. There is no need to get concerned and they should be managed with routine Tylenol and ibuprofen to control the pains. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 32 minutes later
sorry to bother now tingling in my right arm and stiffness souls I new concerned?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: please what is stiffness souls? Detailed Answer: Please, can you clearly rephrase the above for me to understand what is happening? Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 1 minute later
Sorry trying to say stiffness should I be concerned?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: You are becoming too apprehensive about the tetanus you raised. For sure, someone with tetanus will not be able to type even a complete sentence. My answer remains NO. THanks. Dr. Diath, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 6 minutes later
Ok Thanks I'm sure that's the case. Thanks again for answering back so quickly

Brief Answer: Thank you so much, too! Detailed Answer: Thanks for using our services. I am humbled knowing I have been of help to you. Thank you so much for having offered me the opportunity to contribute to your care. Do not hesitate to direct future questions to me if need be in future and I will gladly attend to. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Had cut in hand. Have difficulty swallowing and sore throat. Should I go for tetanus? 2 hours later
I haven't had a fever with strep is this normal

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes Detailed Answer: Yes, it is normal. Thanks. Dr. Ditah, MD