Had complete body check up for body pains specially in the nerve. What does report indicates?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Hi, I have got a complete body checkup for my mom, since she complains of body pains specially pains in the nerves, neck pain etc. I am attaching the lab test resports, request you to review and please explain in detail incase of any defiecencies absorved.
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for posting your query. Detailed Answer: Hi Mr XXXXXXX I have noted your mother's laboratory reports and her complaints. I would like to reassure that there are no significant abnormalities in these reports. One minor abnormality is low vitamin B12 , and it can be treated by taking TAB METHYCOBAL 500 mcg once daily for six weeks. Also, lipoprotein level is slightly high, for which a low fat diet is advised. In addition, regular exercises such as walking (20 minutes daily) should also be done. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Follow-up: Had complete body check up for body pains specially in the nerve. What does report indicates? 8 hours later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you for the valuable feedback on the report. One more request from my side, would like to know how will the high Value of Lipoprotein level effect her. Is there any method by which this can be reduced. Please provide your value feedback. Regards, Madhu

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 minute later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: Elevated lipoprotein may be a risk factor for heart attack and brain stroke, if she has a family history of those diseases. It can be reduced with low fat diet and regular exercises. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)

Follow-up: Had complete body check up for body pains specially in the nerve. What does report indicates? 20 minutes later
Dear Dr. XXXXXXX Thank you for the response. Apart from Low Fat Diet and Regular Exercises are there any precautions to be taken to avoid the risk of heart attach and brain stroke. Regards, Madhu

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for getting back. Detailed Answer: No, there are no other precautions required at this stage. You should keep getting her blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol checked every year and keep them in normal range. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)