Had cold and acid reflux. Taking prilosec. Noticed flesh colored lump in throat. Cause?

Jan 2013

I had a cold recently and I had acid reflux. I had a horse vioice. I'm taking prilosec now. I'm feeling a lot better but this morning I woke up with a flesh colored lump to the right of my tonsils.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have difficulty in breathing/ chest pain/ cough with sputum/ fever?
Do you have running nose/ sore throat?
Do you have acidic belching/ abdominal discomfort/ retrosternal burning pain/ abdominal bloating after taking meals?
Are you a smoker and an alcoholic?

With the available described symptoms, there could be possibility of gastro-esophageal reflux disease with upper tonsillitis superimposed on GERD induced injury.
Presence of inflammation in defined region suggests the diagnosis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ ENT surgeon and should go for thorough check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and chest x XXXXXXX on preliminary basis.

You should also go for endoscopy along with biopsy and urea breathe test for H. Pylori.
If Urea breathe test is found to be positive then you have to take complete eradication therapy for H. Pylori bacteria.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should also take complete antibiotic therapy, decongestants and antipyretics, proton pump inhibitors along with prokinetics.
You should also perform gargles three times in a day; a glass of lukewarm water with a pinch of salt.
Avoid cold drinks, oily food and yogurt and juices.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Had cold and acid reflux. Taking prilosec. Noticed flesh colored lump in throat. Cause? 26 minutes later
Breathing fine, no fever, I am coughing I have a tickle I'm my throat, I do spit up a tiny bit of phlem when I cough hard. No chest pain I did have a stuffed nose yesterday but not anymore. Since I started the prilosec the acid reflux are completely gone no burping or pain. I am going to the urgent care today but I do not have insurance so I can't get all those tests done.
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 19 minutes later
So its better to take above prescribed medication for relief of your symptoms.
You are suffering from upper respiratory tract infection.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava