Had cold. Experiencing pain on chest, muscle spasms and breathing difficulty. Cause and cure?

I am a kickboxer, I got cold at a party 3 months ago and 2 days later my left torso damaged as I lifted my arm in the shower, within 5 mins my upper body spasmed and I laced in bed totally rigid in agony, doctors came put me on a Valium drip and have me muscle relaxants, no exercise for 2 weeks.
Normally I train 3 times a week but this week I trained four days conseq and the last session was 12 rounds light sparring, only a 3/6 minute warm up fast shadow boxing. Near the end of sparring I felt a chest twinge but within 2/3 hours I could hardly move, for 2 days I have layed still and can't get up without help or lean forward, it hurts to breathe deep and I can't yawn. The pain is in my right center upper chest but not sore to press from the outside. I have to keep my back straight and use my legs to stand along the pulling my self up using my left arm. Also I can't roll left in my sleep but struggler to roll right.
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 4 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,
The first thing we have is to exclude is a calcium deficiency. Low blood Calcium levels are associated with increased muscle excitability, and could be a source of abnormal involuntary and painful contractions.
Secondly, the pain you feel at the level of your chest deserves a very careful evaluation. A good physical examination is required, with an appropriate medical history. This shall be important in deciding whether the pain is a mechanical, inflammatory or an infectious pain. A chest X XXXXXXX is of utmost importance especially under these circumstances.
You can start with simple analgesics like Acetaminophen to calm the pain as you take an appointment with an internist for a proper medical evaluation.
Thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.