Had chef salad, scheduled for colonoscopy. Should I proceed?

I ate a chef sald today sunday a 2 p.m. I have a colonoscopy tues. at 3 p.m. is it okay to have my colonoscopy
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Satyadeo Choubey 22 minutes later
Thanks for visiting XXXXXXX
Colonoscopy is needed to directly visualise the colon via an endoscopic instrument called colonoscope. The bowel preparation is intended to clean out the bowel content for better visualisation. You may have been given some laxatives to get your bowel cleaned out. And it is required to be empty stomach since the previous night till the test is finished.

Now coming to your question regarding salad. Salad usually has got enough roughage and are a natural bowel cleaner, so don't worry. Also the test is after 48 hours, it is not going to affect it any how.....Just get relaxed.

Best wishes