Had catheter ablation for atrial fibrillation. Taking solotol, enalapril, Avodart, Lipitor, testosterone injection and jantoven. Side effect?

I am 77 yrs old. Had catheter ablation for atrial fib 21\2 yrs ago. Have had no episodes since. Does Jantoven have any effect on wbc or platelet counts, both are moderately low? I am also taking solotol, enalapril, Avodart, Lipitor, omeprazole, ambien 5mgm hs, and testosterone injections every 3 wks. Also would any of the other meds affect the counts?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Amongst the medications you mentioned above Jantoven (Warfarin) and Avodart (Dutasteride) are known to reduce the cell and platelet counts in the blood.

Though the side reduction in the counts is not serous enough to cause symptoms.

Also you are on testosterone injections which would nullify the side effect caused by Dutasteride.

I suggest you to consult your treating doctor to examine and investigate further to identify the exact cause of the problem you have.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any doubts.