Ask a Urologist   »  

Had cancerous prostate and taken cialis. Have had oral surgery, on prednisone for tinnitus. Have trouble getting erection

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I'm a 65 year old man and 12 yrs go had my cancerous prostate out. Ive taken cialis for12 yrs and i take it when i needed it..It has always has worked,..I had some tramatic oral surgery in the last 5 week..they had. Me on Predsone for 15 days to try to stop the ringing in my head....did not work...now i have trouble getting erections and CLimaxing with my wife of 40'yrs .... What's your advice ?

L
Posted Wed, 24 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have undergone Prostectomy for cancer of the Prostate 12 years back and were taking Cialis to get good erection which worked fine for all these years.
.
You had recently undergone oral surgery and was prescribed Tab Prednisolone for tinnitus.
You have noticed that you are facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction from recent times and has doubt that this could be due to Tab Prednisone.

Prednisolone is a drug that belongs to Corticosteroids but it is not known to have side effect of decrease libido or erectile dysfunction.

If you are diabetic it may aggravate the blood sugar levels and lead to these symptoms.

The erectile dysfunction that you have could be due to generalised weakness that follows after any major surgery.

Please discuss the problem with your treating surgeon and explore the possibility to stop the drug and wait to get your problem resolved.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.