Had broken spine and arms after fall, taking tramadol helped but had pain and took Oxycontin for pain

Spine Surgeon
Dear Doctor,
10 yrs ago I fell off a 2 story roof and broke two lower lumbers in my spine and both arms. At the time they hospiltal was flying up a specialist to operate however at the time being in Port Hedland West Australia I denied the treatment due to concerns.
Today Im taking 400mg of tramadol SR at first they helped a little however today and the last week suddenly will drop straight to the ground and could not use my legs for a few minutes as they would not function.

As Ive been on my farm working alot, its the reason why this may of occured. What I would like to know is what medication can i take for severe pain (only one script) I can request through my doctor so he can fax it down to where I am. I need something stronger than 400mg of tramadol similar in the same family not a schedule 8 drug as the laws have dramatically changed which I find so frustrating showing another Dr my MRI I was able to get 80mg of oxycontin which "cured" the pain.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 58 minutes later
Brief Answer:
how bad is the fracture?

Detailed Answer:
In case of spinal fracture there is always a concern of neural injury. Pain due to fracture can be relieved with strong analgesic such as morphine or oxycontin. Also nsaids like diclofenac with muscle relaxant thiocolchiside can be used.
However before taking any medicine we need to sure about the kind of injury. Is there any neurological weakness in legs? How is the spinal alignment on xrays? Is thrrr any cord compression due to fracture? If theses are present then in near future you may land up in a bigger problem with sudden onset weakness in legs and losing control on bowel bladder functions.
If possible pls upload your xray and mri to know more about the fractute status. Thanks.