Had bowel resection. Have lost weight. How long will it take me to gain weight again and what kind of food should I eat?

hi,2 months ago i had a bowel resection and a 3 pounds mass removed beside the small intestin,2 feet of small intestin removed and the right collon was too removed,my question is,i lost 25 pounds since then,befor2e the surgery i was 175 pounds,now i am 150,i am 6,2 tall,now i fell too skinny,i XXXXXXX t like that,looks like i am anorexy,how long take to me to gain my lost pounds back,what kind of food should i eat to gain some punds soon,thanks.
Posted Tue, 17 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Compensatory increase in absorption and digestion will be done by the remaining intestines in your body in response to the surgery.This may take not less than 3 months.

Taking a diet XXXXXXX in Protein and fibre to increase the transit time is the best food to gain weight in you.

Also do some mild forms of exercise which improves your BMR and circulation to the intestines and grabs the nutrients in toto and help you gain weight soon.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.