Had bone spurs and thermal ablation. Laser back surgery done. Why am I having back pain?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had laser back surgery at the laser spine institute in nov and i am in more pain than i was before surgery i had bone spurs cut off and thermnal abulation, and more things does it take the nerves a long time to grow back or what is my problem.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 57 minutes later
The persistent pain in your lower back needs a detailed assessment after an MRI scan to know the exact cause.
Most of the times even after the surgery, physiotherapy exercises and traction are needed for a complete relief. The age related degenerative changes in the spine and osteoporosis can also contribute to the symptoms. You need to check your vitamin D 3 and serum calcium levels to detect any such deficiency.
Usually after the surgery, a nerve compression is released and the nerves regain their function in next 4-6 weeks. Taking methylcobalamin supplements will help in an early recovery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Had bone spurs and thermal ablation. Laser back surgery done. Why am I having back pain? 21 hours later
what is methylcobalamin? i had a new mri yesterday. i already take calcium and d3.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Methylacobalamin is Vitamin B 12 which helps in regeneration of nerves and decreases the nerve related pain. You can get it prescribed from your neurologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.