Had bone marrow transplant after diagnosed with leukemia. Should I be concerned for pinching sensation in chest?
User rating for this question
i have been told that i have two to three heart murmers. i never know this until i found out that i had leukemia in 2007. i have had a bone marrow transplant and am in remission.but all of the sudden i have been feeling a tiny pinching in my chest. i have also been diagnosid with ptsd from the trama in 2007 .i would like to know if i should worry about this little pinching it sometimes feels that even under my arm.it does not last for long periods. thank you.
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It should concern you. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. The heart murmurs are due to underlying heart problems. So the chest pain is associated with the heart conditions. I would be helpful for me if you can mention the heart condition diagnosed by your doctor as the reason for your heart murmur. Because different heart conditions has different prognosis. You should be concerned about the chest pain because you have other risk factors like obesity, advancing age and associated medical illness. In this situation I would advise my patient to take an ECG and Echocardiogram. Consult a Cardiologist to evaluation of chest pain. Have regular appointment to assess the risk. Follow this advice. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.
People also viewed
- Relapse after bone marrow transplant
- Pneumonia after bone marrow transplant
- Weed give me hives
- Sweating excessively when sleeping horrible feeling in head dry mouth
- Heterologous bone marrow transplant
- Sunbed treatment for hives
- Pain and tingling below ribs numbness subsides when applying pressure
- Sore throat pus 2 weeks hiv
- 5 mth old with hoarse voice
- Bone marrow transplant donor
- Child bit the lower lip swollen pus black spot solution
- Hypoplasia endometrium bleeding after taking siphene what does this indicate
- Bone marrow transplant compatibility
- Itchy red lumps on genitals no pain
- 4 year old sore throat hoarse