Had blood, semen and urine test for STD. What does the finding mean?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Greetings

I've taken a blood/semen/urine test and would like to know which STDs I've been tested for and if I have any STD.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
welcome to XXXXXXX

You had been tested for the STDs like Syphilis ( by both Specific and nonspecific tests), Genital Herpes infection, HIV and also for the presence of urethritis.

All the tests ascertain that you don't have any STD or any type of urethritis.

Seminal Analysis reveals some infection in your reproductive tract and if you consult your physician he/she will guide to get treated for the reproductive infection which itself can improve the quality of your semen.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan.

Follow-up: Had blood, semen and urine test for STD. What does the finding mean? 8 minutes later
Thanks

Have I also been tested for chlamydia?

Would the "reproductive infection" be "contagious"? Does it have to be treated or may it subside by itself if left untreated?
And also is the elevated lymphocytes something to worry about?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 51 minutes later
Welcome back.

You had not been tested for Chlamydia, but the common manifestation of Chlamydia, urethritis, is not presented as indicated by the urine examination.

Reproductive infection is not contageous, nothing will happen seriously if left untreated. But it can affect the quality of semen, may be a cause for subfertility.
Nothing serious.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had blood, semen and urine test for STD. What does the finding mean? 3 hours later
Thanks a lot. And also is the elevated lymphocytes/low polymorph something to worry about?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Welcome back.

Lymphocyte percentage in the diferential count of WBC does not carry much information except indicating some chronic infection. This percentage may vary time to time and it may become normal after sometime. So you need not worry about the same when the other test are normal.
Dr S.Murugan