Had blood blister on mole, got removed. Can I have melanoma?

I have already asked a dermatologist and appreciated his response and answer. Just want to get a second opinion as well.
went to dermatologist 2 months back with no real suspicious moles. Woke up last week with what look liked a black blood blister on top of an existing mole. I think it got irritated- right on bra strap on lower right shoulder- slightly above arm pit. Im really not sure how long black blister was there- but definately wasnt there 2 months prior at check up. Went to dermatologist immediately and had removed. My dermatologist told me not to worry- but after reading about melanoma- I'm worrying. My mole is symmetrical with the blister being right in the middle. It is the size of a pencil eraser. (maybe a tiny bit bigger) Waiting on biopsy. Never had skin cancer. I only had pain when i noticed the blister. Opinion?
Please review picture.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 51 minutes later
Signs of melanoma in an existing mole are
A asymmetry ie one half of mole differs from other half
B borders are ragged
C clor is variegate ie one half may be brown other black
D diameter more than 6 mm
E elevated and evolution( oozing, itching, inflammed etc).

There are high chances that the blood blister could be due to trauma and friction but still any change in a mole warrants a look out for signs of melanoma. As there was a change in the mole that's why your dermatologist removed it and sent it for biopsy. Even if an atypical change is seen in biopsy, you need not worry as your doctor must have excised the mole in a way to remove all atypical tissues. Having said this, I feel probably it could have been due to frictional injury only.
Hope that answered your query. Should there be another query, please write back.
Follow-up: Had blood blister on mole, got removed. Can I have melanoma? 1 hour later
Thank you. Just got back report was benign. It was a irritated compound nevus.
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 12 hours later
As I said, the blister could have formed due to frictional injury.
So now there is no need to worry. But do keep an eye on all your nevi .