Had blood and urine test. What are the findings in the report?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2014
Apr 2014
Excellent

Radiologist
Question
Hi, I've last day got my blood and urine diagnostics report. These reports are with me now. I need a doctor to go through these reports and let me know, whether I need any special care or not?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Your hematocrit and RBC level is borderline high. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX You didn't write about your physical problems. According to your reports,Hematocrit and RBC count is borderline high .It is increased due to many reasons like dehydration, polycythemia vera,COPD etc. It is also found in people staying at hilly regions. You need proper clinical examination. Cause of borderline increased hematocrit should be investigated. Ultrasound of abdomen can be done. Further investigations can be done if needed. Other blood parameters are normal. Urine parameters are also normal. Blood uric acid, sugar level and ESR are within normal limit. Peripheral blood smear is also normal. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Had blood and urine test. What are the findings in the report? 17 minutes later
Hello Dr., Thank you for analyzing the reports. I don't have any physical problems and yes, I had consumed alcohol (Scotch) in large quantity during previous night (Festival celebration mood), which might have resulted in the dehydration. The following morning (with fast) I had given my blood and urine for diagnosis. Still, please advice, if such activity would result the same as in the report submitted? (For your information, I'm not a regular drinker). Thank you in advance.

Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 14 hours later
Brief Answer: It may be due to alcohol consumption last night. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query Yes,it may be due to alcohol consumption in previous night. Alcohol causes diuresis and dehydration. At present,you can ignore it.Otherwise,you are alright. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX