Had bleeding after taking ipill. Periods delayed. Pregnant?

i had sex wth my girlfrind on 13th sep n she got bleeding after 1 weak as she took the ipill and now shes having her periods delayed can she be pregnant plz answer me
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy is unlikely if pill is taken in time.

Detailed Answer:

As the emergency pill contains high doses of hormone, withdrawal bleeding can occur. If the pill has been taken within the stipulated time there is very little chance of failure. Also, please remember that if the unprotected intercourse occurred around the ovulation period, only then there are chances of conception.

If she has regular cycles every month, you can expect a delayed period this cycle owing to hormonal disturbance. If she does not see a period even after 10-14 days after she is due, a proper evaluation by a specialist is necessary.

Use of emergency contraception should be restricted to once or twice a year and a regular form adopted, as frequent use of emergency pills can cause menstrual disturbances and infertility problems in future.

Hope your query is clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.