Had anal sex. Phlegm in stool the following day. Reason? What are the chances of getting HIV?

HIV AIDS Specialist
I am a male and I had anal sex last night with another male. I bottomed, and we used protection, but he ejaculated while in me with the condom on, I saw the condom after and could definitely tell there was sperm in the condom and the condom didn't seem to be broken but the next morning I noticed in my stool 2 white phlegm like substances each about 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch in length and thin (thinner than the width of a pencil) on the first piece of stool. Could this be sperm that oozed out of the side of the condom? Or was that probably just anal discharge or could that also be lube residue as we did use lubricant? I feel like the likelihood of it being sperm is low given what I described... What do you think? I am wondering what my risk of HIV could be.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not possible for semen. HIV risk is negligible

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You had analyzed all the possibilities well and your are correct in your judgement.
As the condom is intact and contained semen after the act, what you described as phlegm could not be semen of your partner and semen will not remain in the semi solid state for hours. So simply rule out that possibility and you are not at risk for HIV as you had a protected sex.
As you rightly pointed out it could be the lubricant material seen as phlegm like thing. If you have any history of previous such anal contacts whether protected or unprotected, this could be a sequence of the same. Otherwise it might simply be a mucus discharge present in the stools either due to a normal process or due to some infection or inflammation of your lower gut or rectum. (Possibility of a protozoal or a worm infestation). A simple motion examination will reveal the exact cause.
Consult your physician and get cured soon.
DR S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had anal sex. Phlegm in stool the following day. Reason? What are the chances of getting HIV? 12 hours later
Thank you! Figured as much, you are as always a huge help.

I was wondering... Could you tell me what the most common symptoms of herpes, gonorrehea and clamydia are?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Genital discharge-chlamydia,Gonorrhea,ulcer-Herpes

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
1. Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are manifesting with burning sensation during urination and discharge of pus or muco-pus through the urethral opening.
2. Genital Herpes appears as grouped tiny vesicles containing clear fluid in and around genitals or anus according to the sexual behavior and the vesicles get ruptured after few hours and gives rise to tiny grouped ulcers which will heal with or without treatment within a week or two in a immuno-competent person.
Dr S.Murugan
Follow-up: Had anal sex. Phlegm in stool the following day. Reason? What are the chances of getting HIV? 4 days later
Is pain in the uretha or anus without any discharge or burning common in any std or could that just be a side effect of the act of sex?
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
STD is possible without discharge.Safe sex no STD

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

I appreciate you vision of analyzing the things.
Pain in anus might be possible due to both STD or just a sequence of a forcible sex as anus has no lubrication or elasticity. Moreover the possibility of STD without a discharge was there, but in your case as you wore a condom the chance for STD is remote.
In urethra also it is possible to have pain without STD. A simple urine examination will reveal whether there is urethritis or not. If your urine is not having any evidence of infection then you can ignore the pain and consume lot of fluids. You will be alright. Consult your physician he/she will guide you better.
Dr S.Murugan