Had an inguinal hernia repaired. Have fluid around testicle. Is this due to surgery?

Several years ago I had an inguinal hernia repaired on the left side. I now have fluid around the left testicle. Took some time after the operation for this to occur. The operation was done laproscopicly and mesh was inserted.

Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

The fluid around the left testis has nothing to do with hernia surgery. You seem to be developing hydrocele. Hydrocele is collection of fluid around the testes and the cause for the same is not known.

The other possibility is mild epididymitis of the left side. However, you should be having urinary symptoms for the epididymitis to happen. You need to see urologist to rule out either of the two conditions and be treated accordingly.

Rajiv Goel