Had an eptopic. Pain in right lower abdomen. Not pregnant. What can it be?

Hello I'm 4days late took pregnancy test cum back negative but got a full ache on my tight side low I had an eptopic last yr do u fink it sounds like the start of one thanx XXXXXXX my periods are always on te do for me to b 5days late is a worry but I don't wana waste hospitals time if not eptopic please help

Sorry the dull ache is on my right side low it's like pressurr
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
At 4 days overdue, the pregnancy test may be negative. Since you are feeling a pressure with a dull ache in the right lower abdomen, ectopic pregnancy needs to be ruled out.
In such a case, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Further investigations like ultrasound scan may be needed in case the serum hcg levels are raised.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.