Had acute prostatitis, after years found prostate to be asymmetrical. Cause?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i had acute prostitis a number of years ago. Had an annual check up today and for the second time, my GP found my prostate to be asymmetrical. Could my prostitis have caused this symptom?
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. but you need ultrasound check.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.
Prostate asymmetry is commonly found in your age and it usually indicates prostate hypertrophy,adenoma, chronic prostatitis or previous acute prostatitis that left scar on prostate. However, sometimes it may be sign of something more serious so I suggest to do ultrasound and PSA just to rule out malignancy(prostate cancer).
If you rule this out and you dont have any symptoms then treatment is not necessary. But if you have signs such as frequent and difficult urination then specific procedure can be done to improve your health. But go step by step. Wish you good health. Feel free to ask. Regards