Had a large vit c pill lodged in throat. Later dissolved. Have audible, not painful, gurgly sensation in throat. Remedy?

ENT Specialist
I am a very healthy 80 year old male. A few days ago a large vit c pill lodged in my throat somehow feeling connected with my nasal passage, After a hour or so of drinking warm water and heavy, heavy coughing, the pill presumably dissolved but shortly thereafter, and continuing now two days later I have an audible, but not painful, gurgly sensation at the top of my throat during inhaling and exhaling. It does not keep me awake but I'm concerned I might have tor torn the tissue during the hey coughing. Thank you for your thoughts. XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 39 minutes later

If the pill was stuck in the throat for a while, the chances of ulcers are possible. These ulcers heal gradually with adequate rest and a modified diet. Cold milk / cold liquids and soft diet is preferable over hard and hot/spicy food. Avoid carbonated beverages.

Should the symptoms persist for more than 5 days, it would be worthwhile to visit your ENT surgeon. Flexible fiberoptic nasopharyngolaryngoscopy for direct visualisation of the throat is entailed.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.