Had a hysterosalpingogram, then used ovulation prediction kit. Ovulation changed due to HSG. Suggest the right usage of having the HSG?

Hi. Please could you help me? I recently had a HSG (day12 of my cycle) then used an opk and got a smiley face on day14 of my cycle. We had Sex that night and then again on day15. Should we have a day off on day16 and then try again on day17 or should we keep trying on day16 and then have a day off on day17 and then a final push on day 18? I usually ovulate the day after I get my smiley face on my opk but its a bit early this month (usually ovulate on around day 17), but maybe the Hsg has altered my hormones this month. Really keen to get it right and make use of having the Hsg!

Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later
Thank you for the query.
I have read your question and from that I want to tell you that after a positive opk egg will be released from 12-48 hours after the test.Most commonly at 36 hours and it survives upto 24 hours so the sperm need to be there at that time for the fertilization.
So, what you did till now is correct and I advice to skip on 16 and have a final one on 17th.
Hope I have answered your query.If you have any other questions you can ask me again