Had a circumcision, still have stitches and redness. Cause?

Jul 2016

Thank you for your e-mail. I had a circumcision 4 weeks ago. Some of the stitches are still there and I have the same redness that I had before the surgery. I had a appt with a DR to-day but they cancelled it. I am 75 yrs of age I have been looking at a blog and his penis looks so much better mine. He is 22. Does this make a difference?
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is an inflammatory reaction

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
There is noting serious problem .It looks that the redness is due to tissue reaction to suture material that has been used to suture the wound. It will get resolved after the suture material gets absorbed or shed off.It may take 4-6 weeks.

Till then continue taking antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.

Thanks and Regards.