Had a circumcision, still have stitches and redness. Cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Thank you for your e-mail. I had a circumcision 4 weeks ago. Some of the stitches are still there and I have the same redness that I had before the surgery. I had a appt with a DR to-day but they cancelled it. I am 75 yrs of age I have been looking at a blog and his penis looks so much better mine. He is 22. Does this make a difference?
XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 15 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is an inflammatory reaction

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
There is noting serious problem .It looks that the redness is due to tissue reaction to suture material that has been used to suture the wound. It will get resolved after the suture material gets absorbed or shed off.It may take 4-6 weeks.

Till then continue taking antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil