Had a brachial plexus injury. Have dizziness, shivers and pain in back, arms and wrists. Suggestion?

well this is the trouble i have a list of symptoms so let me start with how and when it started. A little longer then a year ago i had stretched with hands on back of head and elbows out and stretched with chest out ect.. As i was doing that my left arm slowly dropped to my side not being able to stop it. In less then a minute the feeling was back with sensations of doing it again throught the next several days. Doc said it was a brachial plex injury ect...So to my symptoms since the injury. I've had dizzyness,shakiness,pain and stiffness in upper back,pain in arms and wrists,chest pains(not just in one area),numbness/tingling feeling in arms and hands and sometimes legs to the point of feeling weak to walk or stand,some jaw pain,groin pain,mouth and or tounge had funny feel/taste not for awhile,stomach has had a funny feeling in the upper right side full spot comes and goes this is new,seems that the symptoms come and go and change day to day and minute by minute.Have never had any medical problems before.Just know something is not the same just do not have the same drive to do stuff like i used to. Before this you could not get me to slow down was always doing something or getting something done!
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The multiple symptoms that you are having which started with a syndrome aggravated by stress and anxiety. These are mostly minor symptoms and do not indicate a serious problem.

I would advise that you support your body with good hydration, adequate sleep, a well-balanced diet and a moderate exercise regimen. Exercise is actually good for the immune system which is why I suggest it here. In addition you can supplement your diet with some Vitamin C - 1000 mg daily and consider drinking some immune boost type of tea such as Echinacea which is readily available at most supermarkets.

In addition to the above measures, here are some of the treatment options which you can follow:
1) When you have such symptoms, breathe slowly through the nose and talk to your family and friends.
2) Do not take caffeine of alcohol at night just before going to bed.
3) Indulge in yoga and meditation to calm your mind.
4) You can also indulge in progressive muscle relaxation which is useful in anxiety by alternately tensing and relaxing the muscles.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.