Had a blood test and taking flucloxacillin. Scab was covered with bandage. Advised to take Duplex test. What do you suggest?

Dec 2013

Thanks Dr Kanodia. Responding to your very good advice. I have the results of my blood work as follows. Ferritin,ProBNP,Sodium,Potassiam,Creatinine,eGFR, uric acid, HbA1c, cholestral, triglyceride, HDL cholesterole, LDL cholesterole, cholesterole/HDL ratio, Total cholesterole, triglyceride, Ldl Cholesterole cholesterole/hdl ratio, HB,HCT,RCC, MCHC,MCV, MCH, RDW, PLATS, MPV, All results came back with no problems. I asked my doctor re aspirin, & she said it could not be that as a contributing factor. Put me on flucloxacillin. It became worse & more painful. Consulted another doctor. She put me on curam dua amorycillin.The scab has been dressed, bandaged & sox placed over it..She advises Duplex Test. I feel better, tho cannot see scab because of bandage. Return to my doc this Monday. Your thoughts would be appreciated. I live in New Zealand so things may be different here. I lived in Denver, my doctor there, Mark Levstik, Exempla Doctor. Thank you. XXXX I will request a follow up question on Monday Nov 4
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Take antibiotics for proper time Detailed Answer: Hello Madam, Welcome an thanks for again relying upon us for your health issue. I am really happy and relaxed to know that all of your investigations are normal. This shows that you do not have any internal issues causing the problem. This was just a trivial age related incidence occurred as sole event and is not a sing of any kind of serious internal disease/ issue. So this is a point of relaxation for all of us!!! Now regarding your further query of recent treatment- The antibiotics given by second doctor is perfectly suitable to your condition. I suggest you to take a full course of antibiotic tablet to curtail any chance of secondary infection. You be in good follow up of the doctor who will guide you best regarding the wound. It may take 7-10 days for complete healing. You take proper diet including proteins and fruits along with green leafy vegetables which will help in good recovery at the earliest. If you feel any of the warning signs - such as pain, exuadation or tension/ pressure sensation in the bandage area then immedailtly report to the docotr as it may be because of secondary infeciton in the bandaged area. Do not try to fiddle with the covered area as it may unnecessarily cause problem of infection. Do not stand for long hours as it may cause stress on the leg and may induce pain sensation. In the bed also keep a pillow blow the back of your knee area so that less of tension remain on the area. Do give me a follow up on Monday for your best recovery. I hope the things would be much better till Monday. With best wishes of your early recovery, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD