Had a acl reconstruction surgery done. Noticed damage to the ligaments of knee. Treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i had a acl recontruction surgery about 10 months ago and my knee is going out on me again is it possible i retore it
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
A job involving standing on your feet for a long time can cause a repeated damage to the ligaments of the knee. MRI scan is the best test to know about any such damage.
You can help the symptoms by-
1. Avoid any strenuous knee exercises, lifting weights, climbing stairs, cycling, etc.
2. Take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen every 8 hourly.
3. Do a hot fomentation in the area twice daily.
4. You can apply a local analgesic gel like Volini also.
5. Use an elastic knee brace for better knee support while walking.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.