Had Protected sex vaginally and orally with sex workers. Chances of HIV?

I had protected sex with 3 to 4 sex workers both oral and vaginal sex. Looked at the condom and was intact after every sex. What are the chances of catching HIV through protected sex.
Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 1 hour later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Laboratory studies have shown that latex condoms provide an almost impermeable barrier to particles the size of the HIV particles.

The use of condoms consistently and appropriately reduces the chances of transmission. Most medical studies indicate that the level of protection is about 87% ( there is 87% less chance of becoming infected with the virus).

The use of water based rather than oil based lubricants, as well as appropriate storage is also important.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Had Protected sex vaginally and orally with sex workers. Chances of HIV? 15 minutes later
Thank you very much for the response. So, Does this mean it is very unlikely to get HIV through consistent use of condoms. Though I have decided to stop using sex workers services as it's really making me sick with anxiety,

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 15 hours later
Hi, yes , with the consistent use of condoms then there is essentially little risk of HIV.

Please feel free to ask anything else