Had HIV test cam negative. Need to take test again?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Hello Doctor.

Thank you for the concern. i did a hiv check on 13th of september to confirm . The results were Negative.

My exposure date 17th XXXXXXX my hiv check done on 30th august it was negative . as you told to do the test after 2 weeks i did it on 13th september. and the result is negative.

can i stop worrying about this. is my test conclusive.

Hello Doctor.

Thank you for the concern. As per our previous discussion i did a hiv check on 13th of september to confirm . The results were Negative.

hello doctor
my exposure date 17th XXXXXXX
According to my calculation XXXXXXX 18th to 30st = 12 days
july 01st to 31st = 31 days
august 01st to 31st = 31 days
september 01st to 13th = 13 days
Total 87 days.

1st hiv test on 17 th august result negative.
2nd hiv test on 30th august result negative.
3rd hiv test on 13th september result negative.
All test were done in a lab.( blood test).

can i stop worrying about this. Are my test conclusive at test done on september 13th.
Posted Thu, 3 Oct 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
almost conclusive and no further test is required

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

HIV Test after 12 weeks of high risk activity is almost conclusive. No more test is necessary. I would like to know what type of test you had. Is it covers both HIV1&2. Then it is ok and no further test is necessary for you. You are free from HIV.
Have a nice day.
Dr s.,Murugan

Follow-up: Had HIV test cam negative. Need to take test again? 17 minutes later
hello doctor

Thank You very much for your reply. Yes i have had Rapid blood test and spot elisa blood test . reports had mentioned hiv 1 & hiv 2 both negative for the test i did on 13th september.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Free from HIV 1&2. No more to worry.

Detailed Answer:
XXXXXXX
It is well and good. Possibility of both HIV 1&2 had been eliminated and just forget about the past as a night-mare and in future strictly confine to safe sex to avoid unnecessary tension about HIV.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had HIV test cam negative. Need to take test again? 15 minutes later
Thank you very much doctor. Now I am totally relived from tension. Thank you very much.
just one more question. Are the date calculated immediately after unprotected sex till the 12th week.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, 12 weeks after high risk activity.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome back.

Your test is detecting the Antibody against HIV if present in the body. Following entry of HI virus into one's body it will take a time of 8-12 weeks time to form antibodies against the virus which the test is going to detect. In your case the test did not detect any antibodies against HIV even after the maximum upper end of the chances of antibody formation. If you are on some immuno-suppressive drugs like steroids the antibody formation may likely to be delayed few more weeks.
So you are free from HIV.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had HIV test cam negative. Need to take test again? 13 minutes later
Thank you very much for the information .

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.
If you don't have further questions kindly close this conversation.
Dr S.Murugan