Had GERD problem, was on medicine for a month and the problem had gone.Now it is back again.Endoscopy is required?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had GERD problem few month back. I had consulted a doc and was on medicine for a month. After that, the problem was gone.
In the starting of last month i had regular burning sensation after having my food. Even after foods without spices and oil, i use to had this burning sensation for 1 or 2 hours after food. I went to the doctor and he had prescribed me Ganaton tablets for a month. I stopped it after a month. Now again, i feel same burning sensation in my chest after having food. This time its not regular but i feel it once or twice in a week.
Should i go for endoscopy? What are the side effects of endoscopy? What will be the total cost? Will it be covered in health insurance?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Yes you should go for an upper Gi Endoscopy

There are no apparent side effects of the same

The Cost varies from hospital to hospital and ranges from 2500 to 0000 INR

As a diagnostic claim No, but again depends on your policy terms

Hope this helps
Am available for followup queries
Get Well Soon