Had 3 hits of marijuana. Have had hair drug test. Is it possible to have positive hair test with 3 hits?

46 year old female,160 pounds, work 2 jobs. No history of marijuana use at all. Had 2 hits approximately 2 months ago and 1 hit approximately 3-4 weeks ago. So a total of 3 hits in 90 days. I have shoulder length hair that is colored dark but probably mostly gray. Random hair drug test done last week!! Scared to death as wait for results. Have heard conflicting information. Mostly that usually found in chronic users and not occasional or infrequent users or one timers even within that window. I have never touched it prior to these 2 times and I never will again, Have you ever heard of a positive hair test with only 3 hits within a window of 90 days. Chances of passing due to fat solublity and amount done? I am trying desperatley to get piece of mind during this horrific time. Any insight or history of other cases and true findings. I absolutely will never do this again. Physically and emotionally sick from stress!46
Posted Tue, 21 May 2013 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 50 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

I am sorry to inform you that a marijuana hair drug test is highly sensitive and used to test for marijuana usage in both chronic or one time users. It can detect a metabolite of marijuana in the hair up to 90 days after usage of marijuana.

As your last hit was around 2-3 weeks ago, the metabolite would be present in very very small quantities in your body, but this can still be detected by the hair drug test. Unfortunately, this test should be able to detect even the smallest amount of marijuana in your system.

If you would have written to us earlier, we could have considered helping you as you are not a chronic user, by advising techniques to get the marijuana metabolite (THC) out of your system, before the test.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. I hope the test does not detect the metabolite in your system, and give you a free-pass. Hoping for the best.