HSG showed blockage of the fallopian tube with an irregular endometrial lining. What are the complications?

Question

iam XXXXXXX i got my hsg done on saturday.my reports says that uterus cavity shows shows mild irregularity of its outline.both the tubes are well opacified in thier entire length.there is normal spill of the contrast on the right side with smearing of the pelvic peritoneum producing a series of curvilinear opacities in the recesses.minimal spill is suspected on the left side.
can u please help me with the problem iam facing.would i be able to become mother.as iam trying hard to conceive.
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Your HSG report is suggestive of a suspected blockage of the left fallopian tube with an irregular endometrial lining.
This finding is suggestive of an endometrial infection which can be detected after an endometrial biopsy and some of the blood tests. You need to consult your gynecologist for proper investigations and treatment.
The chances of being a mother depend on the type of infection and its treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: HSG showed blockage of the fallopian tube with an irregular endometrial lining. What are the complications? 21 minutes later
what is endometrial infection?how it occurs.is the endometrial biopsy is painful as hsg is?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Endometrial biopsy is a D&C like procedure that is done under sedation.
Endometrial infection can spread from the blood or can be contacted from outside- depends on the type of infection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: HSG showed blockage of the fallopian tube with an irregular endometrial lining. What are the complications? 2 minutes later
is the biopsy treatment is painful as hsg test as i have been through hsg it was highly painful.pls confirm.what does sedation means?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Biopsy test is painful but it can be done under anaesthesia. Sedation means the medicine is given to induce sleep so that you feel less of pain.
Regards.