HCG level showing not pregnant. What could be the best time to take ovulation test?

Mar 2016

My HcG was 1.2 so I think that means I am not pregnant.

I am going to use ovulation tests, when is the best time to use the test there are so many conflicting reports. Should it be in the morning, afternoon or night and before or after a drink also on what day of cycle would you start testing I am on day 7 is it worth testing now

Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 14 days later
Brief Answer:
Not pregnant. Start Ovulation test from D12.

Detailed Answer:

Normal beta-HCG level is less than 5 mIU/ ml in non-pregnant women. So, I can assume that you are not pregnant with above test result.

OVULATION TEST: Most ovulation tests can be done at any time of the day. Some prefer first morning urine sample, but I think it is not required. For greater success, you would do the test in the same time each day & reduce your fluid intake for four hours before that.

In addition, if you have short menstrual cycle i.e. between 21 to 25 days, then ovulation test from Day 7 will be useful. Otherwise, it is not worthwhile.

Hope, above information is quite helpful to you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health. All the best.

Dr Soumen