Growing angiomyolipoma. How to prevent it from growing?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have a angiomylolpoma 6.9 cm by 6.7 cm. what can I do to prevent it from growing. It is gross fat. I have recently lost 23 lbs. I weigh 161 and a 5 ft 3 female. If I lose more belly fat, will that help. YYYY@YYYY . This is on my kidney
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear ma'am ,

Sorry to hear about your problem. An angiomyolipoma is a benign tumor of the kidneys but sometimes it can grow in size and lead to problems like bleeding in the urine, pain, etc.
In your case the tumor is quite large and would require surgery. There is no other method to prevent it from growing. It is a combination of fat, muscle and blood vessels, so weight reduction will not help in reducing its size.
You should consult a urologist and plan surgery for this lesion.

Hope you get well soon. Please feel free to clarify any other query.