Green stool and irregular periods. Had henoch schonlein purpura, keratosis pilaris. Anxiety and stress. What can I do?

i have XXXXXXX stool and irregular periods
i had henoch schonlein purpura a few years ago i have aspergers syndrome i had my first period on XXXXXXX 12 2010 i've only had a few periods since my second period was in august 2011 just now i've been having XXXXXXX stool i have a phobia of history i would rather have my diagnoses than not and i take invega 6mg (i think), focalin xr 40mg 2x a day zoloft
125mg, and that is all of my meds i also have adhd i feel there is something else going on than just aspergers and adhd i get anxious easily and i used to have suicidal thoughts i have keratosis pilaris i have simple incomplete type 1 syndactyly. what do dou think is going on i dont comprehend some books , tv shows, and movies very well any ideas of what it might be

i have social issues and i dont have many friends i cannot concentrate very easily i can be too hyperactive i used to perseverate on pigs and kids used to say they eat pork and they eat bacon just to upset me i was bit by fire ants when i was like 3
Posted Sat, 16 Jun 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 22 hours later

These symptoms can be due to agoraphobia and for the irregular periods, secondary amenorrhea needs to be ruled out.
The first line of treatment for agoraphobia includes cognitive behavior therapy and antidepressant medications, often in combination with psychological and social supports.

Cognitive behavior therapy involves exposure to a feared social situation that is anxiety provoking but bearable, for as long as possible, two to three times a week. This is done by psychiatric sessions with a psychiatrist. Sometimes support groups may also help in the healing process.

To rule out secondary amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), Blood tests may be ordered to examine the levels of ovarian, pituitary, and thyroid hormones. Imaging studies, such as ultrasound and CT or MRI scanning may also be needed.

Causes of secondary amenorrhea include stress and anxiety, malnutrition, depression, overexercising, sudden weight loss or gain (obesity),thyroid disorders and hormonal imbalance due to polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).Sometimes tumors of the ovaries and brain may also cause absence of menstruation. All these causes need to be ruled out by the above mentioned investigations.

You should get these two possibilities evaluated from a psychiatrist and gynecologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.